Thursday, February 9, 2012

Broken by Megan Hart

Title:  Broken

Author:  Megan Hart

My Rating: 5 Stars

Purchase for Amazon Kindle

 

 

Summary (from Amazon.com):

My name is different every month--Brandy, Honey, Amy...sometimes Joe doesn't even bother to ask-but he never fails to arouse me with his body, his mouth, his touch, no matter what I'm called or where he picks me up. The sex is always amazing, always leaves me itching for more in those long weeks until I see him again.
My real name is Sadie, and once a month over lunch Joe tells me about his latest conquest. But what Joe doesn't know is that, in my mind, I'm the star of every X-rated one-night stand he has revealed to me, or that I'm practically obsessed with our imaginary sex life. I know it's wrong. I know my husband wouldn't understand. But I can't stop. Not yet.

My Review:


Wow! This is seriously not what I expected in an erotic novel. The storyline was so deep and moving that even though it contained erotic elements, I can't seem to accept it as an erotic novel.

Sadie's husband is a quadriplegic. I have often thought how hard life would be for someone to lose all control and feeling from the neck down, but I haven’t ever given as much thought to how the lives of that person’s loved ones are affected. I now have gotten a glimpse at that. Sadie gave up almost everything to devote time to care for her husband; her only escape was when she went to work while she left her husband in the care of hired help.

Once a month, Sadie takes her lunch break with Joe at a park bench while Joe tells her stories of his “conquests.” Each month is a story of a different woman and after time, without the touch from her husband, Sadie finds herself imagining herself as that woman in his story. “This month my name is Mary…”

Broken is the first Novel I have read by Megan Hart and I can guarantee it will not be the last. This book blew me away and evoked such emotion from me. At one point in the book, I was sobbing uncontrollably – not just small tears – full on sobbing. I would highly suggest this book to anyone wanting to read a deep, emotional romance novel, without all the mushiness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment