Friday, April 13, 2012

Fissure by Nicole Williams

Title: Fissure
Author: Nicole Williams
Rating:  4 Stars

Purchase for Amazon Kindle








My Review:  

In Nicole Williams' Eden series, we follow the story of Bryn Dawson and her swoon worthy, perfect, every bit of a man, William Hayward. In Fissure, we get a story of William's every bit as swoon worthy brother, Patrick.

I fell in love with Patrick with the little bit of him we got to experience in the Eden series so I was overly excited to read a story that was not only dedicated to just him but is also told from his perspective. *insert girly squeel here* While it is not necessary to read the Eden series before this one, I think it is beneficial so that you know the background of the story and characters.

This story picks up approximately a month after United Eden in which Patrick had professed his love to Bryn right before she was betrothed to William, the love of her life and Patrick's brother. Not surprisingly, Bryn chose William but this left Patrick with a big whole in his heart that he didn't know how to fill despite the many women that would no doubt line up to try and help him fill it.

In an attempt to get him out of his funk, Patrick's father enrolls him at Standford. Patrick is not amused with this idea and spends the first couple of days lounging around campus, cat-calling as the co-eds of Standford passed by on their way to class. When he finally does attend class, he ends up sitting next to the one person that had the nerve to call him out during his cat-calling escapades, Emma Scarlett...and her big, beefy boyfriend of 6 years.

Patrick soon finds that Emma is to be the one to fill the void in his heart, however, her, her boyfriend and her brothers do not make this an easy feat for Patrick.

I loved this book, I love Nicole's writing style and I so love Patrick's wittiness. This book has romance, it has action, and it has a little bit of paranormal. I so badly wanted to give it 5 stars. I agonized over it but I just couldn't put that last star to it for a couple of reason's. First, it wasn't until the ending that I found myself not able to put the book down. The ending is very action packed, but I would like to have seen more of that throughout the rest of the story. Second, I really, really would have liked to have seen more of the paranormal aspect of the story with the immortality show through. However, I have no doubt that we will witness more of this in the next installment of the Patrick Chonicles, Fusion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment