Monday, April 16, 2012

Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover

Title: Point of Retreat

Author: Colleen Hoover

My Rating: 5 stars

Purchase for Amazon Kindle

 

 

Summary (from Amazon):

Hardships and heartache brought them together...now it will tear them apart. Layken and Will have proved their love can get them through anything; until someone from Will's past emerges, leaving Layken questioning the very foundation on which their relationship was built.

Will is forced to face the ultimate challenge...how to prove his love for a girl who refuses to stop 'carving pumpkins.'

 

My Review:

 

22 hours is all it took
for Colleen Hoover to reclaim my heart
The characters she writes
that boy
that girl
tear at my heartstrings
and send my emotions a whirl.


(That's my mini slam dedicated to Colleen Hoover.  Colleen: I think you are one of my favorite people right now!)

Point of Retreat is the second book in the Slammed series by Colleen Hoover and is as bemazing as the first!  As I did with Slammed, I skipped right past reading the synopsis and dove right in, so I was utterly surprised to find that this is written in Will's POV. Seeing things from his side, gave me a whole different light to him.  In Slammed I saw him as very mature, responsible, mostly in control, and sometimes a little hard-headed.  Although I still see some of those after reading Point of Retreat, I also got to see the vulnerable and not-so-much in control side of him, his struggles, his heartbreak, but also his determination and strength.

Will loves Lake, Lake loves Will, this cannot be denied.  But is their love for each other for the right reasons?  And is their love strong enough to survive being questioned?

"Sometimes two people have to fall apart, to realize how much they need to fall back together" – Author Unknown

I lost count on the number of times that I cried throughout this book.  My emotions were all over the place (that damn vase had a lot to do with it).  One minute I was laughing and the next minute I found myself crying or frustrated beyond belief with one of the characters.  When a book is able to do that to me is when it deserves 5 stars, and that is just what I gave it.

Okay, time to play suck and sweet...my suck is that there is a wait until the next book is released.  My sweet, however, is that I have a new favorite author and a couple new books in my re-read category.

If you haven't read Slammed, the first book in this series, you need to stop what you are reading now and go buy it.  While you are there, pick up Point of Retreat because it is so butterflying amazing and a great follow-up to the first book.

(Note: if you are confused with my choice of words such as bemazing and butterflying, go read the book and it will all make sense.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment