Thursday, December 20, 2012

Every Which Way by Calia Read


Title:  Every Which Way

Author: Calia Read

My Rating: 3 Stars

Purchase: Amazon Kindle 


Synopsis:
Severine Blake has seen far too many friends taken down in the crossfires of dating. She devises a precise course of action to protect her heart. The plan is working very well...until she meets Thayer and Macsen.

When the Sloan brothers come into her life, nothing is the same.Thayer is self-possessed, arrogant and used to getting what he wants. Being near him leaves Severine unsteady and shaken. He makes her question everything. Macsen contradicts his brother in every way. His calm personality captivates her. Severine is drawn to him instantly. But Severine quickly discovers that when you want something, that want can turn wicked. Giving in is not always easy, especially when your heart refuses to give up the fight.

What little illusion of love Severine has is soon destroyed. Every option is broken, and the protection she has built around her heart instantly crumbles.

There's just no right way with the Sloan brothers.


My thoughts:



Writing a review for this book is hard. All-in-all I did really like the story I just couldn't connect with it. It took me some time to get through as I had to force myself to keep reading.

The main character, Severine, seemed to be a strong independent woman hell bent on not getting her heart broken. She was witty, funny, and overall likeable. Her name bothered me a little because I had the darnedest time trying to pronounce it. I also didn't feel a connection to her and found myself questioning her decisions and annoyed at little things that she was indecisive about.

The Sloan brothers were a nice addition. I mean really? Two hot brothers, one a 6'9" basketball player - whew, fan me now! And I like the uniqueness of their names, Thayer and Macsen, which were very much pronounceable.

I think what got to me the most was the writing style. I found myself having to reread parts to understand what was going on. It felt a bit discombobulated. But at around 2/3 of the way through things picked up and I was able to connect to the story a little more. It is that last 1/3 of the story that will have be reaching for the sequel when it comes out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment